Friday, July 20, 2012

V is for Venus


Carson of Venus!


Escape on Venus, cover art by Roy Krenkel.


Lost on Venus, cover art by Frank Frazetta.


The Wizard of Venus, cover art by Roy Krenkel.


Pirates of Venus, cover art by Roy Krenkel.


Carson of Venus, by Frank Frazetta. 1972.



Carson of Venus, 1963. Cover art by Frank Frazetta.


Argosy, January 8, 1938. Cover art by Rudolph Belarski.


Carson of Venus, cover art by John Coleman Burroughs.


Carson of Venus, 1933. Art by Fortunino Matania.

3 comments:

Arion said...

Those Frank Frazetta covers are absolutely amazing, the man was a genius.

By the way, I read your Frankenstein Alive Alive post. I've been a Wrightson fan since I was a kid, and now that I have the chance to appreciate his art in glorious black and white in Frankenstein Alive Alive I'm just thrilled. Obviously, I decided to review the first issue here:

www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Feel free to stop by and leave a comment. I'd love to hear your opinion about it.

Cheers.

Harpo said...

The thing that always got me about the 1972 Frazetta wasn't the fact of being alone in a very small fragile boat, or the giant waves, or the even bigger monster. It was that the giant monster was - looking - right - directly - at - you. Damn.

Arion said...

Oh yes, it's a stunning piece.